Retroceder   TwistedAndes > 4WD > General 4WD

General 4WD foro técnico.

Respuesta

Herramientas
Antiguo 22-09-2005, 20:38:53   #41
Tapage
Top 5000

Contactar con Tapage a través de ICQ Enviar un mensaje a través de AIM a Tapage Contactar con Tapage a través de MSN Contactar a Tapage a través de Yahoo
Predeterminado

Giovanni el tema de las tires está super ligado a gears .. pero como según recuerdo comentaste que para esta issue no había presupuesto .. yo no pasaría de 33" sobre todo sin cambio de diferenciales ..
Tapage está offline   Responder Con Cita
Antiguo 23-09-2005, 11:52:31   #42
WhataJeep

Predeterminado Hello From WhataJeep

Hello, I am Barry Ogletree, the owner of WhataJeep, Fredericksburg, Texas, USA. I have been watching with much interest your discussions and ideas of extending a TJ Jeep for Gio. I would like to help all of you with this project. I think it would be fun for all of us to try and communicate and to do it.

The actual stretch that is necessary is 43 3/8 inches. You must always calculate from the inside of the panel. In a TJ there are pillar and door supports that must be allowed for. To shorten it anymore, the door will then have to be made shorter. This is a difficult process even for us to do. The interior connections and door locks and controls get very complicated.

I will send more photos today if possible to communicate them to you.

Best Regards
Barry Ogletree
President of WhataJeep
Barry@whatajeep.com
  Responder Con Cita
Antiguo 23-09-2005, 12:01:04   #43
Gonzalo Bravo
Zookaholic
Top 5000

Predeterminado

Cita:
Empezado por WhataJeep
Hello, I am Barry Ogletree, the owner of WhataJeep, Fredericksburg, Texas, USA. I have been watching with much interest your discussions and ideas of extending a TJ Jeep for Gio. I would like to help all of you with this project. I think it would be fun for all of us to try and communicate and to do it.

The actual stretch that is necessary is 43 3/8 inches. You must always calculate from the inside of the panel. In a TJ there are pillar and door supports that must be allowed for. To shorten it anymore, the door will then have to be made shorter. This is a difficult process even for us to do. The interior connections and door locks and controls get very complicated.

Best Regards
Barry Ogletree
President of WhataJeep
Barry@whatajeep.com
Good to see you up here Barry
Seems to be that all is going well with your membership now, Great.

Welcome to T/A.-

[OlllllllO]
Suzuki Sj413+2JZ GTE+A340+NP231/TLC Doubler+Irok 36"+Toys 8"+E Lockers+4.3:1+12" ORIs

First you crawl, then you walk, then you drive, then you crawl again.......
Gonzalo Bravo está offline   Responder Con Cita
Antiguo 23-09-2005, 12:06:25   #44
Eduardo Silva
Top 1000

Predeterminado

Barry your help is greatly appreciated. The exact measurement is a very valuable contribution. Although I am not involved directly on this project, I have been trying to help Giovanni brainstorm some ideas.

Here are my questions:

Do you suggest that the new middle section to be added is fabricated from scratch rather than taking an existing tub? (cut it and add it)

If an existing tub is used, can the donator vehicle be a CJ or YJ?

Cita:
Empezado por WhataJeep

Best Regards
Barry Ogletree
President of WhataJeep
Barry@whatajeep.com
Eduardo Silva está offline   Responder Con Cita
Antiguo 23-09-2005, 14:46:06   #45
Tapage
Top 5000

Contactar con Tapage a través de ICQ Enviar un mensaje a través de AIM a Tapage Contactar con Tapage a través de MSN Contactar a Tapage a través de Yahoo
Predeterminado

Hi barry and welcome to TA, I thought the door issue are very complicated .. but what about leave it without doors ... only with fiberglass doors, or tube doors with a soft top . ?

Maybe with this you can save weight and some $$$ in doors.
Tapage está offline   Responder Con Cita
Antiguo 23-09-2005, 15:26:58   #46
Gonzalo Bravo
Zookaholic
Top 5000

Predeterminado

Cita:
Empezado por Tapage
Hi barry and welcome to TA, I thought the door issue are very complicated .. but what about leave it without doors ... only with fiberglass doors, or tube doors with a soft top . ?

Maybe with this you can save weight and some $$$ in doors.
Para Panama quizas, pero para el Sur de Chile, uuuuuuyyyyy, habria que ver a Giavanni + 5 paxs resfriados hasta las orejas.-

[OlllllllO]
Suzuki Sj413+2JZ GTE+A340+NP231/TLC Doubler+Irok 36"+Toys 8"+E Lockers+4.3:1+12" ORIs

Antiguo 23-09-2005, 22:07:43   #47
Gonzalo Bravo
Zookaholic
Top 5000

Predeterminado

Cita:
Empezado por WhataJeep

Best Regards
Barry Ogletree
President of WhataJeep
Barry@whatajeep.com
Barry

Here goes your pics:
Imágenes Adjuntas

[OlllllllO]

Antiguo 23-09-2005, 22:11:15   #48
Gonzalo Bravo
Zookaholic
Top 5000

Predeterminado

More Pics
Imágenes Adjuntas

[OlllllllO]

Antiguo 23-09-2005, 22:14:07   #49
Gonzalo Bravo
Zookaholic
Top 5000

Predeterminado

Mas....
Imágenes Adjuntas

[OlllllllO]

Antiguo 23-09-2005, 22:15:37   #50
Gonzalo Bravo
Zookaholic
Top 5000

Predeterminado

Last one....and most important indeed.-
Imágenes Adjuntas

[OlllllllO]

Respuesta

Compartir en Redes Sociales

Normas de Publicación
Tu no puedes publicar nuevos temas
Tu no puedes publicar respuestas
Tu no puedes adjuntar archivos
Tu no puedes editar tus posts

Codigo BB is habilitado
Las caritas están habilitado
Código [IMG] está habilitado
Código HTML está deshabilitado